Newbie to the area and need to pick everyone's brain

• November 15, 2015 at 9:24 pm #1515
    newnormal
    Participant

I am from the city and plans on starting out a new adventure and need the wisdom of everyone. My knowledge of growing a start up is fairly limited. I am in the process of collecting my permits and checking out properties in the area.
    1 What is the average labor cost for an outdoor grower on an annual basis? and reasonable cut of the grow?
    2 How long is the permit process and finding water; including the drilling?
    3 What is the cost to clear out timber? Or, rather, how much can I get to clear out enough space with the lumber?
    4 Where is the local seed/sapling store?
    5 Any resource for used equipment or equipment rental facility?

Thank you in advance for your input.

• November 23, 2015 at 8:36 pm #1529
    richard
    Participant

1. 15$ to 20$ an hour.
    2. 2 questions- 1. No one has a rec permit yet, so knowbody knows. 2. Finding water? if you need to find water perhaps it’s not the right piece of land.
    3. Don’t cut trees down, use farm land, Fucking city people.
    4. I suppose it depends on where you live,
    5. Why what do you want to rent?

• March 16, 2016 at 11:40 am #1703
    pioneerpete
    Participant

Hi, newnormal, I hope you’re still around. I’ll bump this up to the top, because it’s still relevant even though this was asked last Nov.
    Going to OSGG general and member meetings is a great way to meet your neighbors and find out more about the area you now call home.
    You’ll find different answers from different people, but now that we are in the application process we have alot more solid answers.
    Please keep checking back here, too, as you will find more activity here in the future.
    You can reach me at [email protected] for more detailed info.
    I hope to see you at our next meeting, the 24th.

• March 19, 2016 at 9:39 am #1707
    Cannaflage Designs
    Participant

Please, please PLEASE DO NOT clearcut! Find land that is already suitable for a grow with little impact on the existing environment.

The most important tip I can give is be a GOOD NEIGHBOR. Have respect for those who are long-time residents of the neighborhood you buy into. Keep light & noise pollution to a minimum. Introduce yourself and see if they have any concerns and then work with them to alleviate those concerns.

• March 19, 2016 at 3:14 pm #1710
    pioneerpete
    Participant

I’ll say yes and double on that! I’ve been on my property for 17 years, and we bought it from my neighbor (who’s still here). We use a portion of our land, about 30%, for our family needs. The rest is a managed woodland resource, with a class d riparian area bisecting it. About 1/8 of one acre out of the entire property is devoted to our 16 patient garden. It is never necessary to clearcut land to produce cannabis, and that approach is against the ethics of the OSGG!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.