Grandfathering Application Due Date, 3/1 or pushed to 5/1?

• March 8, 2016 at 7:59 pm #1688
    jackhamm65
    Participant

I was at the last OSGG meeting the Thursday prior to the 3/1 due date on the grandfather petition for growing. They had mentioned the deadline being pushed up to May 1. Did this happen? From what I have read it said still 3/1? If you go onto the OHA site, they removed the deadline date and it just tells you what you need to do and where to get forms, no mention that the date for filing these papers has passed.

• March 16, 2016 at 10:13 am #1695
    pioneerpete
    Participant

The date is May 1st for OHA grandfathering applications to be sent in. Please encourage everyone who even thinks they may qualify to apply asap.
    This does not restrict your options, it ensures your rights.
    Additionally, a larger number of applications for grandfathering will help our work this fall as we push to maintain patients rights.

• March 19, 2016 at 9:54 am #1708
    Cannaflage Designs
    Participant

I’m still confused on the grandfathering application. You said it doesn’t restrict options but the application itself states:

“If the petition is granted, no additional growers or patients may be added to the grandfathered grow site address, unless the grandfathered grow site approval is terminated.”

In addition, I called OHA and they said the application only applied to those farms that were growing 48 or more and wished to continue doing so. We are a small farm with less than 48 and cannot grow more than that. We want to stay medical this year but have a couple of patients who may not last thru the year to receive their medicine. The petition states we can’t add patients (or is it referring to the # of patients rather than the actual patients themselves). Thanks!!

• March 19, 2016 at 3:08 pm #1709
    pioneerpete
    Participant

I really wish there was a yes or no answer to this. Unfortunately there is not. The OHA wording is misleading, at best, if we are giving them the benefit of the doubt. There are currently 4 bills awaiting signature on the governor’s desk, 3 of which will have an effect on this situation. Additionally, the OHA clarified this week, through OMMP director Andre Ourso, that grandfathering applications are to be in by April 1st. We may be in the worst historical “catch 22” situations ever. We will be covering some of this on Thursday, March 24th at our meeting, and hopefully by then Paul Loney will have more guidance for us. I am dealing with these same issues with my patients and growsite, and I would love to be able to provide more clarity here. However the state legislature would like me to remind you that because I am not a member of the Oregon Bar Association, I cannot interpret law. (Not even the ones I’m helping to write.)

• March 19, 2016 at 4:13 pm #1711
    Cannaflage Designs
    Participant

Thank you! At least we have until May 1 to decide.

• March 20, 2016 at 10:32 am #1712
    pioneerpete
    Participant

Re-read my post. OHA is now claiming April first! It will take some time to see how all these new laws will work together. Longer than this artificially imposed timeline.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.