best soil in southern oregon

• January 8, 2015 at 8:15 pm #451
    michael carlson
    Participant

want some input on where to find the best soil in the area need 20 yards so not bags of ocean forest …wish i could buy ocean forest in bulk …

• January 23, 2015 at 10:01 pm #496
    Liam
    Participant

Lane Forest Products in Eugene has a “Natures Best” mix that requires major nutrient upgrades.
    Good soil if amended properly. For 20 yards they might mix it for a fee. I use it on my raised beds when I’m done for the year.

• February 8, 2015 at 8:51 pm #555
    Dale Hodges
    Participant

Hey Now;

I am Dale and if I may must ask.

Why do folks start over every year with new or fresh imported growing medium and materials. Is there any consideration given to biology of mediums or mostly mineralization?

I have a 40 year history growing organic foods along California. Rebuilding medium every year is counter intuitive to my experience.

I do have access to the only “Steiner / Demeter” approved “Soil Preparation” In totes, west of wherever. Cube. If you would like to try some tea and or field trial a custom set of blends … Shout Back I am at your service.
    Dale

• February 9, 2015 at 2:59 pm #558
    Profile photo of richardrichard
    Participant

Dale,
    Most folks aren’t real farmers. Many folks are indoor growers using containers. Soil tilth, drainage, microbiotic activity, depth of tillage, cover crops and the like are absolutely essential to overall success just like any crop.

• March 10, 2015 at 10:51 am #634
    Hot_rodder32
    Participant

Good earth has excellent soil mixes. They are in cave junction and applegate soils in Medford carries them also

• April 5, 2015 at 7:18 am #683
    Kenny Schurpf
    Participant

the worm farm, will be opening very soon in central Point. we’ve been established for 20 years in Northern California. I’ve been one of their customers for the last 8 years. check out our website at http://www.thewormform.net
    I live in Gold Hill and have samples if you would like to see Them.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.